Wednesday, December 22, 2004

happy holidays!

Merry Christmas to all!

I'm only trying hard to make an entry because it's been a long time since I last posted any. So, "Do you have the time to listen to me whine about nothing and everything all at once?" Let me blabber as I bore myself (& u, if u may) to sleep...

I'm not in the mood to think and work, but I want to get a lot of things done. Well, I believe you know how that feels. Times like these happen. It's hard to focus on one thing when there's so much you want to give your attention to. Now, I just want to have a new entry although there's really nothing I want to post on my blog. I will blabber more...

It's past 2AM. I have recently disciplined myself of getting up early to make it to the new 7am-4pm working hours for govt employees. I am not bound to break it anytime soon. So I have to wake up at 5am at the latest if I ever sleep at all. So good luck to me!

I miss badminton. The tourney was over. My partner made it only up to the semis. A sad thing. Last week championship was fantastic! My teammates playing for women's doubles who made it to the finals won. And so was the team I cheered for in men's doubles, in which game the 2nd & 3rd set needed tie-breakers. A happy thing! It was also the Christmas party of that badminton club. To add a little fun, they held raffle during breaks in the game where at stake among others were t-shirts, tumblers, shoebags, a racket bag, and the most coveted prize of a racket. After the games, the lucky winner of the grand prize was called and you guessed it right, it was me! A happy happy thing!

It was a Yonex Armortec 9000 which they said costs less than 2 thou. It's just right that I got it since I know most players in that club already have rackets that cost a lot more than that. And I'll be the one who would overwhelmingly appreciate it not only because my old racket's price is less than a third of the new one I got for free, but because it's so good enough for me to inspire me to play better. You see, I'm not good at this sport even if I am passionate about it, and I am not just being modest here. That racket has not yet been broken in. My friends who I play with are not around, if not very busy, for the holidays. Well, maybe I won't miss playing much while the holiday rush is on. I still haven't shopped for gifts!

Last weekend was spent on five different Christmas-related "get-togethers". Not much partying and exchange gifts these days, I think. Just getting together for food, drinks, and stories (or videoke) is enough for a quality fellowship. And it should always happen while it's dark. We sleep when the sun is up. But on weekdays, it cannot be the case. Haay...

Okay, I will stop blabbering now. I pray that I soon stop procrastinating. Isn't it time to make resolutions? I guess I need a lift in spirit. It's not that I'm sad. In fact, this yearend is way happier than my last one. And I am inspired! Don't you think it's contradicting to be inspired and be lazy at the same time? Oh well, I have a theory, and this has always been my finding - I lack sleep that's why I cannot focus and am disoriented most of the time. Didn't I just say I will stop blabbering now?!

I'll go to bed. Again, Merry Christmas to all! Godspeed...

No comments: